Final Filing Date: Continuous Hiring
Stipend: $25.00 Reimbursement per 24 hour shift
Resident Firefighter positions are designed for individuals wishing to obtain firefighter training and on the job experience. They will work one 24-hour shift each week assigned to a Fire Station. Opportunities to work additional days are available as requested, for those seeking more experience. The program is designed to provide training and work experience for individuals pursuing a career in emergency services. The District is prepared to help recruits obtain their Firefighter I certification through training and work experience that they obtain while working at Cordelia Fire.
- 18 years of ageValid California Driver’s licenseHigh school diploma and/or GEDCurrent Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (Solano County accredited within 30 days)Paramedic Certificate Highly Desirable
- Submit Cordelia Fire District application in person, via email to brandonsmith2155[at]sbcglobal.net or by mail.
- Attach Resume – DO NOT SUBSTITUTE RESUME IN PLACE OF APPLICATION
- Attach all relevant certificates pertaining to position applied for
- Ride-alongs are encouraged prior to interview.
Download Cordelia firefighter application
- Written test
- Oral Interview before panel of 3-5 Firefighters/Chief Officers
- Current CPAT card less than 1 year old
- Background Investigation
- Upon conditional offer of employment, you will have to furnish a current Driver’s License record from DMV, submit to a Live Scan and a physical exam.
- Interview with Fire Chief on first day of hiring
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Ability to perform all aspects of physical requirements for a typical Fire suppression classification.
In accordance with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if accommodations are necessary in order to perform the essential functions of this position, or to participate in any portion of the selection process, please contact the Fire Chief at (707) 864-0468 within one week of final filing date.