CAL FIRE has determined that burning may now be allowed in Solano County on permissible burn days only. Cordelia Fire will only issue burn permits for property within the Cordelia Fire Protection District.
If your property is in the SRA (State Responsibility Area), you may be able to obtain a burn permit directly from CAL FIRE. If your property is in the Cordelia Fire Protection District but not in the SRA, please follow the steps below:
- First visit Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) to complete appropriate forms and pay the BAAQMD fees.
- Once this BAAQMD form is submitted and fees are paid to the BAAQMD, please complete a Cordelia Fire Protection District Burn Permit Request form on our website and upload your BAAQMD receipt, then make an appointment to come to the station to pay your fees and receive your permit.
Make an appointment on our website or by calling 707-864-0468 to process at the station. Bring your BAAQMD receipt to Station 31 located at 2155 Cordelia Road, Fairfield to pay your $15 fee and receive your permit,
Cordelia Fire District will collect a $15 fee, Please pay by cash or check made out to Cordelia Fire Protection District.
Cordelia Station 31 is currently staffed only Monday through Wednesday. Staff is not always available at the station to assist with the permit process, so please make an appointment or call 707-864-0468 before you visit.
When you plan to conduct the burn:
- Before burning, confirm that it is a permissible burn day. Call BAAQMD at 1-8000-435-7247 to determine burn status for the day.
- Make sure the burn will be competed prior to 3 p.m.
- Do not plan to burn on a windy day.
- Contact Solano Dispatch at 1-707-421-7090 to notify them of the address where you will be burning.
- Make sure to have a water source/garden hose nearby.
- Make sure the fire will be attended at all times by at least one prudent and responsible person
- Confine the burn area within cleared firebreaks or barriers adequate to prevent fire from escaping control.