A burn permit is required in order to conduct an open burn at any property in Cordelia Fire Protection District.
If your property is in the State Responsibility Area (SRA), burn permits may be obtained from CAL FIRE. If your property is within Cordelia Fire District, but not in the SRA a burn permit may be issued by Cordelia Fire Protection District.
To obtain a Burn Permit, please first visit Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) for the appropriate forms. Once this BAAQMD form is submitted and fees are paid to the BAAQMD, please complete and submit the form below and book an appointment at Cordelia Fire Protection District (CFPD) by calling 707-864-0468. Bring your BAAQMD receipt to Station 31 located at 2155 Cordelia Road, Fairfield to pay your $15 fee and receive your permit. Please pay by cash or check made out to Cordelia Fire Protection District.
Station 31 is not currently staffed on a regular basis. Because staff is not always available at the station to assist with the permit process, please make an appointment or call 707-864-0468 before you visit to confirm personnel will be available to assist you.
Please Note the following before planning to conduct the burn:
***Failure to meet the following requirements may result in fines being levied.
- Before burning, confirm that it is a burn day. Call BAAQMD at 1-800-435-7247 to determine burn status for the day.
- Contact Solano Dispatch at 1-707-421-7090 and Fairfield Police & Fire Dispatch at 1-707-428-7301 prior to your burn day to notify them of the address where you will be burning.
- Burn Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Make sure the burn will be completed prior to 3 p.m.
- Do not plan to burn on a windy day.
- Make sure to have a water source/garden hose nearby.
- Make sure the fire will be attended at all times by at least one prudent and responsible person.
The responsible individual attending to the fire must be listed on the Burn Permit form.
- Confine the burn area within cleared firebreaks or barriers adequate to prevent fire from escaping control.